Table of Contents
Trends behind the 2016 collection fall under the mantra of “Evolution, not revolution”
TEMPLE, TX (June 24, 2016) – Organic growth and the beauty of natural and gradual change influenced the latest introductions to the ever-evolving Contract Laminate Collection by Wilsonart, a leading manufacturer of decorative engineered surfaces for 60 years.
“Revolution is a provocative thing. But this type of sudden, forced change is not always the most attractive option when it comes to design,” said Natalia Smith, product design manager, Wilsonart. “Natural and gradual maturation invited by evolution is much more desirable when it comes to building a collection that will resonate with any design story. This collection celebrates the infusion of old and new, evoking comfort and familiarity the most beautiful, natural way.”
The trends behind the 2016 Wilsonart® Contract Laminate Collection inspired two brand new finish textures.
- #16 Casual Rustic. A woodgrain texture with a blend of grain variations ranging from linear to subtle movement with random, irregular features. The overall low gloss surface is accented with higher sheen woodgrain ticking and random highlights. Casual Rustic addresses the trends we see towards more casual and low sheen textural elements and gloss levels seen on woodgrains.
- #28 Gloss Line. A linear woodgrain texture with varied widths of narrow grain structures in an alternating mix of matte and gloss surface areas. Gloss Line supports linear qualities that continue to trend in woodgrain designs, and also for abstractions that can imply a wood look.
We relate to things that feel familiar, that we recognize. Expanding classics in modern ways brings a fresh approach, but allows them to remain comfortable and relevant.
- Rugged Linen (4989-38). A contemporary linen look in auburn and light brown.
- Flax Linen (4990-38). A golden background with cream colored warp and weft “threads.”
- Pressed Linen (4991-38). A sophisticated woven look in cool silver tones.
- Tailored Linen (4992-38). A refined, dusty blue linen look.
- Irish Linen (4993-38). An elegant pistachio green linen look.
All of the Linen designs come in the Standard #38 Fine Velvet Texture finish.
Images and patterns are prized for their subtle quality at first glance, but curiosity commands further explorations of the nuances and graphic beauty hidden within. Looking closer is more important than ever.
- High Rise (4996-38). A sophisticated linear abstract in hushed neutrals of beige, grey and white.
- Low Line (7998K-18). A dark-colored wood look with a straight-grained design in cool grey and charcoal.
- Phantom Pearl (8211K-28). A subtle woodgrain effect in a soothing overall cool white color.
- Phantom Ecru (8212K-28). A soft gold color with a subtle woodgrain effect.
- Phantom Cocoa (8213K-28). An overall warm brown color with a subtle woodgrain effect.
- Phantom Charcoal (8214K-28). A subtle woodgrain effect in a versatile charcoal color.
The Phantom designs come in the new Premium #28 Gloss Line finish.
BEAUTY OF IMPERFECTION
We appreciate the beauty in things imperfect, impermanent and incomplete, as they are modest and humble. These designs are made to admire; not analyze and not fix.
- Weathered Char (8204K-16). Artisan elements and aged warm grey tones draw you in to look closer at this subtle planked wood.
- Ebony Char (8205K-16). A unique subtle planked look in a dark, rich overall color with silver highlights.
These two Char designs feature the new Premium #16 Casual Rustic finish.
- Fired Steel (4994-60). An interpretation of an aged and distressed metal in natural rust and brown tones.
- Forged Steel (4995-60). An aged and distressed look with the character and style found in raw metal.
These two Steel designs feature a #60 Matte finish.
- White Driftwood (8200K-16). A warm, bleached pine with distressed straight grain and occasional knots.
Pattern, texture and design are perfectly combined with extraordinary depth and characteristic interest. Texture is an increasingly important part of the process, rather than an afterthought.
- Veranda Teak (8209K-28). A stylish linear wood look in pale shades of brown.
- Portico Teak (8210K-28). A consistent linear grain in shades of cool silver brown with dark streaks.
The Teak designs feature the new Premium #28 Gloss Line finish.
- Field Elm (7999K-12). A straight grain intermingled with subtle cathedrals in an overall light neutral color.
- Grey Elm (8201K-12). A straight grain intermingled with refined cathedrals in taupe and blonde.
The Elm designs feature a Premium #12 SoftGrain finish.
- Saddle Oak (8206K-16). A large-scale planked oak with distinctive characteristics in a natural dark patina.
- Branded Oak (8207K-16). A genuine, rustic wood look with large-scale planks and a rich tan color.
The Oak designs feature the new Premium #16 Casual Rustic finish.
The legacy of the industrial revolution continues to grow and evolve through the maker movement, merging traditional crafts, industrial innovations and creative repurposing.
- Fawn Cypress (8208K-16). A balanced mix of straight grain with cathedrals in brown and light gold.
- Henna Vesta (4978K-07). A medium-scale abstract resembling packed stone with copper and brown particulates.
- Ink Vesta (4979K-07). A medium-scale abstract resembling packed stone with grey, black and brown particulates.
- Leche Vesta (4987K-07). A medium-scale quartz look with grey and black particulates.
- Mercury Vesta (4988K-07). A medium-scale quartz look with grey, taupe and black particulates.
The Vesta designs come in the Premium #07 Textured Gloss finish.
- Light Oak Ply (8202K-28). An industrial plywood edge look in narrow linear strips of warm light and medium tones of oak.
- Silver Oak Ply (8203K-28). An industrial plywood edge look in variegated strips of cool silver oak tones.
The Oak Ply designs feature the new Premium #28 Gloss Line finish.
Rounding out the product launch, Wilsonart offers all promoted (or standard) solid colors in any of its surface textures. Premium pricing applies. Reference Pattern Availability for each product design for complete details and lead times; some size limitations by finish applies.
For more information about Wilsonart products, visit www.wilsonart.com or call 1-800-433-3222.