Table of Contents
Springfield, Ore. – Roseburg Forest Products today announced a restructuring of its Commercial organization under Senior Vice President – Chief Commercial Officer Ashlee Cribb designed to improve agility, effectiveness and collaboration among the company’s sales teams and to better position the company to achieve its strategic objectives.
The move was prompted by recent changes to Roseburg's executive team, including Cribb's transition to her current role overseeing the company's sales, marketing and logistics functions, and the addition in February of Jake Elston as Senior Vice President of Operations for the company. This change created the opportunity to simplify the organizational structure to support Roseburg's aggressive plans for growth and diversification.
The restructuring involves several title changes and reassignments, described below. It also eliminates the distinction between Industrial and Structural products among the sales teams, and creates a stand-alone National Accounts team.
Jim Buffington has been named Business General Manager, with the business leaders over the product sales teams reporting to him. Buffington has served in sales leadership positions at Roseburg for many years, most recently as business director for the composites division.
Tom Wardach has been named Director of National Accounts. Since joining Roseburg in 2006, Wardach has held various roles in national accounts and composite sales, most recently as sales director for the composites group.
Phil Pierot has been named Business Director, Composites and Decorative, with business responsibility for particleboard, medium density fiberboard, TFL and hardwood plywood. Pierot brought his deep experience in composite sales and market knowledge to Roseburg in 2017.
"This reorganization is the result of much thought and deliberation about the structure that will give Roseburg the best opportunity to grow while servicing and caring for our customers," Cribb said. "This streamlined organization will improve the agility and effectiveness of the team."
The Commercial leadership team reporting to Ashlee Cribb includes:
- Jim Buffington, in a new role – Business General Manager
- Tom Wardach, in a new role – Director, National Accounts
- Dawn Garcia, in her same role – Director, Marketing
- Rick Whitmore, in an interim role leading Supply Chain and Logistics
Reporting to Jim Buffington:
- Phil Pierot, in a new role – Business Director for Composites and Decorative, including hardwood plywood
- Mike McCollum, in his same role – Business Director, Engineered Wood Products
- Mark Graham, in his same role – Business Manager, Product Development
- Gary Hayes, in his recently announced role – Business Manager, Plywood and Lumber
- Pat Schleisman, in his same role – Business Manager, Central Planning
- Michael Naughtin, in his same role – Business Analyst
Reporting to Tom Wardach in National Accounts:
- Steve Gaeckle, in his same role – National Account Executive
- Bob Nurre, in his same role – National Account Executive
- Al Trujillo, in his same position – Business Manager, Strategic Accounts and OEMs