Table of Contents
Inspired by striking stones from across the world, new offerings include 12 patterns, two finishes and two edge options
CINCINNATI (FEB. 6, 2019) — From Turkey to Norway, and Columbia to Japan, Formica Corporation’s newest offerings are a visual passport of stones and woodgrains from across the globe. The 2019 Living Impressions™ Collection features 12 new Formica® Laminate patterns, two new finishes and two new edge selections, all inspired to create a striking, lasting story of style in the home today and for years to come.
“The patterns in our 2019 Living Impressions™ Collection all have a story behind them,” said Gerri Chmiel, residential design lead at Formica Corporation. “The designs are a symbol of their place of origin, but they will also become a focal point for homeowners to create their own stories and memories around them.”
Six new 180fx® Laminate patterns
This year, Formica Group is celebrating 10 years of its exclusive first-to-market, true-to-scale scanning technology, 180fx®, which gives homeowners the drama of exotic granites, stones and woodgrains in a large-scale laminate.
• Nero Marquina: A black marble originally from the region of Markina in the north of Spain, it is a fine black marble with crisp white veining, reminiscent of a painter’s brushstroke.
• Neapolitan Stone: Created from one of the most premium stones in the world today, Neapolitan Stone features the highest color variation of any granite. Comprised of whites, beiges, blues and warm grays, the pattern emulates the flow of sand on a Mediterranean beach.
• Pietra Grafite: The No. 1 favorite of residential designers surveyed by Formica Corporation, Pietra Grafite is a soft gray with white veining that is clean with plenty of movement.
• Istanbul Marble: A large-scale Turkish marble pattern with sharp, sweeping movement blending light and dark with flashes of rusty gold.
• White Knotty Maple: A rustic take on North America’s most popular woodgrain, this natural and raw look has authentic visual imperfections.
• Smoky Planked Walnut: Emulating the Japanese art of shou sugi ban (burning wood to waterproof it), this charred, wire-brushed woodgrain reveals a distinct, luxe color.
Six new Formica® Laminate patterns
• The Onyx Series: Two new Onyx patterns, Ice Onyx and Gray Onyx, add a glamourous and sophisticated element to any home, with their translucent appearance and rich pattern. Onyx designs have been popular in Formica Corporation’s range for almost 50 years, but technological advances now allow Formica Corporation to capture the translucent qualities of the stone in both light and dark formats.
o Ice Onyx: A creamy white background offset with a radiant white crystalline structure.
o Gray Onyx: A soft gray background with clouds of creamy white and a subtle blue-gray crystalline structure.
• The Marmara Series: Two exquisite new marble designs originating from Turkey’s Marmara Island in the middle of the Marmara Sea, the smallest sea in the world.
o Marmara Beige: A rich blend of beige, gold and gray.
o Marmara Gray: Monochromatic warm and cool grays, blended with an undertone of cream and taupe.
• The Oak Series: Two fresh and sophisticated new takes on a timeless woodgrain.
o Planked Raw Oak: A light and weatherworn woodgrain appearing mellowed by the sun and rain.
o Planked Coffee Oak: A darker, modern variation with a rich brown background and a slight purple cast in the graining.
Two new finishes
• SatinTouch™: A new, smooth-to-the touch finish with a silky feel and sheen
• Pure Grain: A highly usable woodgrain finish that adds dimension and depth to wood patterns
Two new IdealEdge® edge options, now available in a 1.5-inch size
• Waterfall: A true and even curved edge.
• Double Radius: A balanced, curved edge.
In addition, the Ogee and Bullnose profiles will also now be available in 1.5” size.
For more information on the 2019 Living Impressions™ Collection by Formica Corporation, please visit www.formica.com/LivingImpressions2019.